Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust
Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust is the largest NHS Trust in Wales and one of the largest in the UK. It provides day to day health services to a population of around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan who need hospital treatment, mental healthcare, care for elderly people and children, as well as a growing range of community-based services, including specialist dental services and new therapies as alternatives to hospital admission.
Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust wanted to acknowledge the loyalty of their staff by offering them a wide range of quality gifts which would make them feel valued.
They also wanted an uncomplicated, cost-effective reward mechanism which could be managed with minimal administration.
Once the trust had determined what levels of service they were rewarding for and the budget, they approached a number of organisations specialising in loyalty awards to tender for their business.
Cottrills offered the Trust our off-the-shelf reward mechanism Aspirations. The brochure contains thousands of quality gifts, with significant discounts from retail. Each gift featured in Aspirations is given a points value and each point is valued at 10 pence plus VAT e.g. 1000 points = £100.00 plus VAT. This points format allows the brochure to be used for a multi-level loyalty scheme without the cost of producing individual brochures.
The brochure is updated every six months to ensure products are up-to-date and that the points values reflect the High Street prices less the discounts Cottrills offer.
To enable the Trust to incur minimal administration, Cottrills also proposed to manage and administer the whole scheme on the Trust’s behalf which included mailing recipients’ award packs, processing orders, fulfilment and any after sales.
Claire Smith, Human Resources Project Manager at Cardiff & Vale NHS, comments:
“Cottrills’ off-the-shelf Aspirations brochure and administration service was exactly what we were looking for. Their proven track record gave us the peace of mind that the award process would be managed efficiently.” She continues “Feedback from staff has been very positive and the scheme has definitely raised morale.”
- Cottrills help The Carphone Warehouse Group to wish a very merry Christmas to their staff.
- Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Limited say a unique thank you to staff.
- Cottrills helps Lenovo wish 'Happy Birthday' to their staff.
- Smeg UK increase loyalty from their stockists.
- Hepworth build up to the festive season.
- Cottrills assists Cytec to improve and update its’ reward & recognition scheme.
- London Borough of Hounslow - staff rewards.
- Colt Telecommunications long service reward scheme.
- HFC Bank long service reward scheme.
- Standard Life - 12,500 gifts in 20 days!
- Tesco Retirement certificates
- GrowHow - incentives for farmers
- Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust