London Borough of Hounslow
The London Borough of Hounslow in the west of London stretches from Chiswick on the banks of the Thames in the east, to Bedfont under the shadow of Heathrow Airport in the west and is home to over 210,000 people.
The modern Borough of Hounslow comprises twelve communities with individual identities, characteristics and histories. Hounslow has 2,400 employees working together to improve the quality of life and opportunities of its residents and the Council wanted to find different ways of rewarding staff for their commitment in areas such as long service, staff suggestions, outstanding customer care and outstanding performance and leadership.
The Council sought to reward and recognise staff in a way that went further than the usual certificate and handshake.
Cottrills offered a straightforward and effective way of doing so with their proven track record for high levels of customer service and support.
Staff were nominated by colleagues for a number of the different categories and recipients were informed of their awards at a ceremony in June 2005 with the Mayor, the Leader and Deputy Leader of the Council and the Chief Executive.
Winners were presented with a gift wrapped, branded and personalised pack which included an Aspirations™ brochure featuring 2000 premium gifts, each with a points value, a personalised order form congratulating them on their achievement and a note of their points allocation.
Having decided which gift or gifts they would like, winners were able to order them using the freepost envelope included or by telephone.
Should their choice of gifts exceed their points allocation, recipients could also buy extra points, at the same discounted rate as the Council, directly from Cottrills.
Once recipients placed their order, the gifts were delivered direct to the nominated address.
Gurdeep Rai, Administrative Assistant at London Borough of Hounslow, comments:
“Cottrills made a number of suggestions that greatly contributed to the success of the scheme and staff really appreciated the presentation packs. Feedback about the wide range of gifts and the way in which Cottrills have efficiently managed the whole process has helped us to achieve the positive impact on staff morale that we hoped for.”
- Cottrills help The Carphone Warehouse Group to wish a very merry Christmas to their staff.
- Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Limited say a unique thank you to staff.
- Cottrills helps Lenovo wish 'Happy Birthday' to their staff.
- Smeg UK increase loyalty from their stockists.
- Hepworth build up to the festive season.
- Cottrills assists Cytec to improve and update its’ reward & recognition scheme.
- London Borough of Hounslow - staff rewards.
- Colt Telecommunications long service reward scheme.
- HFC Bank long service reward scheme.
- Standard Life - 12,500 gifts in 20 days!
- Tesco Retirement certificates
- GrowHow - incentives for farmers
- Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust